Online course: Time-out for you to be you and not a mum...for pregnant women and women who already have a baby.
The first year after birth is a time of change and transformation. It is a phase of life with change coupled with diverse, new challenges. This course supports you in this process.
Course contents - five one hour sessions
- The special characteristics of the first year after birth.
- The principles of the Alexander Technique in the context of motherhood: aware, relaxed and mindfully days with your little one.
- Practice: the Alexander Technique while lying down in semi-supine - Self-care and relaxation
- Recognizing and avoiding stress patterns; dialogue and exchange
- Dealing with fatigue and exhaustion
- Wrestling with the maternal sense of duty - how do I really feel?
- Holding the baby without shoulder, neck or back tension
- Carrying the baby (in a sling or otherwise) without back pain
- Awareness in dealing with the baby and the family; going slow and taking mini-breaks
- Your calm relationship with the baby
- Being out and about with the stroller without exertion
- Maintaining your social contacts and taking time for yourself
Max. 10 participants / course. Flexible time and course start in agreement with participants. € 60 for five hours. A Zoom recording (in agreement with other participants) can be provided if you can't make it on certain dates. This recording will be deleted at the end of the course.
I don't make contracts with participants as I know clients value flexibility. If you can't make it shortly before (or after signing up) I refund your money. Looking forward to meeting you!