What is meant by the ‚working conditions‘ of the postpartum phase?
The ‘working conditions’ of the postpartum are understood to include the following:
- Discomfort/pain due to healing after birthing.
- Adapting hormonally (and otherwise) to the non-pregnant state including new family and partner dynamics.
- Many hours daily spent carrying/feeding the baby and further infant care.
- Fatigue due to nightly care work.
- Possibly reduced social contacts due to time, lack of energy or baby-sitting issues.